Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen seems Dim at Times

My iWatch is set to the highest display, but at times it seems to get dimmer. It doesn't matter if it is outside or inside.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 12:45 PM

Hey svchirco,

When the Apple Watch dims, does it eventually return back to its brightest? Does certain parts of the Apple Watch appear dimmer than others? Are both the Apple Watch and the iPhone up-to-date? Wanting to make sure it isn't software related.

Also, have you gone through the steps of unpairing the Apple Watch and then pairing again to the iPhone? If not, we suggest doing so: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 12:45 PM in response to svchirco

Hey svchirco,

When the Apple Watch dims, does it eventually return back to its brightest? Does certain parts of the Apple Watch appear dimmer than others? Are both the Apple Watch and the iPhone up-to-date? Wanting to make sure it isn't software related.

Also, have you gone through the steps of unpairing the Apple Watch and then pairing again to the iPhone? If not, we suggest doing so: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

Oct 2, 2021 7:43 AM in response to svchirco

Hey svchirco,

We see you're experiencing an issue with the display on the Apple Watch. You mentioned it getting dimmer regardless if you're outside or inside. Does the lighting in different rooms tend to change the brightness? Does it happen in different locations such as home, work, and/or other places?

Are you changing the brightness from the Apple Watch itself or from the Apple Watch app on the iPhone: Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics on Apple Watch

Take care.

Oct 2, 2021 10:46 AM in response to Brian_P7

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response. I don't normally change the settings for the display for brightness and leave it at the brightest option. It was pretty bright was I first got it and I'm wondering if when I updated the software if that's when I noticed the dimming. It does happen in all rooms and when outside on occasion. I did have a Series 1 and eventually, it got so dim I couldn't use it anymore. I just hope the same isn't happening here.

Screen seems Dim at Times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.