Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicating Project Affects Original Project

I created a video and am now trying to resize the dimensions and trim the video up for different platforms. I select my project in the Event Library and click "Duplicate Project", then I open my new Duplicated Project. My problem is, any edits I make in this new Duplicated Project also get made to the original. I've even tried dumbing it down and copy/pasting the whole original video timeline into a new project, so that is has no ties to the base project, and that still doesn't work. No matter what I do, both projects are edited when I just want one baseline project, and then the more trimmed up versions for social media. I have one compound clip; I read that if you want to continue editing the compound clip in your Duplicated Project, then you must "Duplicate as Snapshot". I don't want to edit my compound clips or anything near them. I just want to edit the duration and dimensions of the video, so I just use Duplicate Project. Is there something I'm doing wrong? TIA <3

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:04 AM

If you use compound clips, you either need to use a snapshot, or if you choose to duplicate the project, you need to do Clip->Reference New Parent Clip for each compound clip BEFORE you make any changes.

BUT other changes outside of compound clips should NOT affect the original project.

Similar questions

2 replies

Duplicating Project Affects Original Project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.