Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to backup to new apple device like iPad Pro?

I want to begin using my husbands iPad Pro for all my online activities. How do I transfer data from my iPad Air to his?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 12:33 PM

Perhaps the easiest and most effective method to transfer all you data and settings is to properly prepare your husbands iPad for a new user (i.e., you) by following this process:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This will completely wipe the device, disassociate the iPad from your husbands AppleID account - and leave the iPad ready to set-up “as new” from the initial “hello” screen.

These support pages should get you started with setup of your “new” iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from your existing iPad to new:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If the donor iPad, from which you are transferring your data precedes iOS12.4, QuickStart will not be available.

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 12:33 PM in response to tellpolly

Perhaps the easiest and most effective method to transfer all you data and settings is to properly prepare your husbands iPad for a new user (i.e., you) by following this process:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This will completely wipe the device, disassociate the iPad from your husbands AppleID account - and leave the iPad ready to set-up “as new” from the initial “hello” screen.

These support pages should get you started with setup of your “new” iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from your existing iPad to new:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If the donor iPad, from which you are transferring your data precedes iOS12.4, QuickStart will not be available.

“Transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device. Nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

An alternative is to restore either an iCloud or iTunes backup to the new device:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

How to backup to new apple device like iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.