Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share photos on Photos using an external website

In the past I've used Flickr for sharing photos on my iMac because I don't know how to share large albums >25 photos just using Photos and my iMac. I know I need to add an extension for it but I don't know how to find an appropriate app or whatever that allows me to share photos. Since Photos has all my photos past and present, I'd rather not use Flickr which I have to pay for, and Apple should support this capability with something compatible with Photos within ios. Also, my intended audience doesn't necessarily have iPhones, etc. or iCloud.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 1:45 AM

That is for standard albums, not shared albums.

You need to create a shared album, and then click the people setting top right, and you can select to have a public webpage.

Then by right clicking on the album you can choose "visit website"

12 replies

Oct 2, 2021 5:16 PM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie,

Thanks for your reply. I do have shared albums in Photos so I know how to do that. But I don't know how to publish them as a website. I don't see that option in the Photos menu, only to print the album as a calendar, book, etc., which I don't want. Please let me know how to publish to a website.

Thanks.

How to share photos on Photos using an external website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.