Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Speed reduced after iOS 15

Anyone noticing reduced wifi speed after iOS 15 update ? I have noticed 60% drop in wifi speed after upgrading to iOS on iPhone 12 Mini. I cross checked the wireless speed on other devices and even on an old Android phone. I am getting constant 80-90 Mbps (I am on a 100 Mbps plan). On iPhone after iOS 15 update, I barely get 30-40 Mbps speed. Tried network reset, Forgetting the network and rejoining, changing access point name in router etc. No results. Anyone else facing this issue ?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:27 PM

Jaysheelkalgal Said:

"Wifi Speed reduced after iOS 15: Anyone noticing reduced wifi speed after iOS 15 update ?[...]"

-------

Give Apple Feedback:

I have not come across that myself, though I have seen some posts about it.

So, do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know what exactly is occurring.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 10:27 PM in response to Jaysheelkalgal

Jaysheelkalgal Said:

"Wifi Speed reduced after iOS 15: Anyone noticing reduced wifi speed after iOS 15 update ?[...]"

-------

Give Apple Feedback:

I have not come across that myself, though I have seen some posts about it.

So, do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know what exactly is occurring.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Oct 2, 2021 1:10 AM in response to Jaysheelkalgal

The next thing I’d recommend is take your phone and another device to somewhere with WiFi access - an Apple Store, a restaurant, a mall, etc. - and see if the speed differential remains or if it is just your router.

There are a variety of router-focused reasons for what you are seeing so it would be a good next step to try to diagnose the issue further.

Oct 2, 2021 1:15 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

I have tried it at a different place but with same model of router. Experienced same issue. And my area is not crowded with 2.4 Ghz bands so I am running on 2.4 Ghz with (between -40 dbm to -45 dbm strength). Even at a different place I am not getting desired speed. I am thinking of switching to a different model/make router and test the connection or probably go to 5 Ghz. But my other devices giving desired speed is putting me in confusion.

Oct 2, 2021 1:42 AM in response to Jaysheelkalgal

That’s the thing; if you see the same issue on the same model of router, it may well be the router.

If you see the same behavior on a different brand of router, that points toward the phone and/or iOS 15.

Thats why I recommend taking your phone and another device to someplace nearby with public Wi-Fi so you can test whether the issue recurs there.

Wifi Speed reduced after iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.