Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PRINTERS COMPATIBLE WITH MY NEW IMAC Big Sur 11.6

My old HP ENVY SERIES 110 printer doesn't seem to be compatible with my new iMac.

How can I find out what brand, make, model printers are compatible with my new iMAC 24" M1 Chip, Big Sur 11.6 computer?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 8:30 AM

Please do the following in this order:

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

4 replies

Oct 2, 2021 6:40 AM in response to valstewart557

We are fellow users who do not compile lists of compatible printers for any release of macOS. Apple doesn't do this either other than for their AirPrint-supported printers.

Networked printers that appear in the Apple built-in AirPrint list are compatible with macOS Big Sur and do not require vendor drivers to support the operating system. At some point, all printer vendors abandon current driver support for aging models. Apple's AirPrint support begins with the HP Envy 120 model.

The HP 110-series has driver support in the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS download (updated 12/2020), which may, or may not, work on the M1 iMac. The last available drivers for the Envy 110-D411 device were released in 2014 for macOS Sierra (10.12), so long out of date. Once you have installed the HP Printer Drivers from the above link, visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, and either add the printer, or right-click on the printer entry, and select Reset printing system… In either case, select the driver for it, and test print.

PRINTERS COMPATIBLE WITH MY NEW IMAC Big Sur 11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.