Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life

Hello since September 11 my battery’s heath has dropped to 96% from 100%, I panicked and at 97% battery life I searched and found out wireless charging hurts my battery, so I stopped using it. 2-5 days later it dropped to 96%. My question is will it continue at such a rapid rate to lose battery life even tho I am not using wireless charging any more?

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 6:26 AM

Welcome, Giannis_ka, to Apple Support Communities!

How long have you had your iPhone 12?

Since rechargeable batteries, as used in cell phones, etc., are consumables, they wear out, over time.

So long as your iPhone’s battery health does not drop below 80% before your iPhone is two (2) years old, you have nothing to worry about: all is quite normal.

By the way, there is a whale of a lot of misinformation, on the Internet, about what will or will not decrease your battery life.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 6:26 AM in response to Giannis_ka

Welcome, Giannis_ka, to Apple Support Communities!

How long have you had your iPhone 12?

Since rechargeable batteries, as used in cell phones, etc., are consumables, they wear out, over time.

So long as your iPhone’s battery health does not drop below 80% before your iPhone is two (2) years old, you have nothing to worry about: all is quite normal.

By the way, there is a whale of a lot of misinformation, on the Internet, about what will or will not decrease your battery life.

Oct 2, 2021 6:41 AM in response to Halliday

I’ve had it since January. All the way up until September 11 ( I remember discussing it with my friend and showing him my battery life) my battery life was 100%. Around September 3 I bought a wireless charging phone holder for my car and I was using it since. The battery lost 3% of its life since I started using that device so I don’t think it’s a coincidence. What worries me is that it has dropped about 4% in literally 20 days.

Oct 2, 2021 7:09 AM in response to Giannis_ka

Giannis_ka:

You may find the following video of some help: “Why Everything You Know About iPhone Battery Health Is Wrong! 100% Battery Health: The Truth!” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6--6z4ZcNk).

Note: They are not actually claiming that Apple is telling lies, but there are inaccuracies inherent in the Battery Health number shown on your device. This has lead some to misinterpret what they have done as “keeping” their Battery Health at “100%”, when that is not actually true.

Battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.