Related Article: About fans and fan noise in your Apple product

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I turned on my iMac desktop this morning the fan started running loud instantly and doesn't stop

When I turned on my iMac desktop this morning the fan started running loud instantly and doesn't stop. What can or must I do?

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 7:36 AM

Open the Activity Monitor and View >> View ALL processes. Look for a process or application using unusually larger amount of CPU in the CPU Tab and then perform the same in Memory Tab.

This will help identify a runaway process or Application.

Does the same issue present when booting into Safe Mode - SHIFT key immediately at restart ??

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 7:36 AM in response to werner131

Open the Activity Monitor and View >> View ALL processes. Look for a process or application using unusually larger amount of CPU in the CPU Tab and then perform the same in Memory Tab.

This will help identify a runaway process or Application.

Does the same issue present when booting into Safe Mode - SHIFT key immediately at restart ??

When I turned on my iMac desktop this morning the fan started running loud instantly and doesn't stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.