Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you permanently delete apps from your iTunes library

I will be moving and will delete some apps from my iPhone. I want them totally removed from my iTunes account, not just hidden, since I won't need them anymore because they are related to things I won't need in my new location. I can't seem to find how to do this. I have an iPhone XS Max with ios 14.8

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 8:36 AM

There is no option to delete purchase history. The only option is to hide purchases.

Be aware that apps that you previously purchased and then deleted from your device do not take up any of your storage on a device or on iCloud. They are only listed in purchase history.

2 replies

Oct 17, 2021 3:52 PM in response to sekjvk

I had issues where it wouldn’t allow me to delete an app, only move it off the Home Screen and to the library. The tech couldn’t figure out how to resolve this issue, nor could the senior tech I was transferred to. After several days and speaking with a ton of people I was able to resolve it but since your staff didn’t suggest this route it might be good to know. I had to go the following route;

Settings-screen time-content and privacy- iTunes and App Store purchase, then change the settings to allow deletion.

How do you permanently delete apps from your iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.