Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Notification about security

My iPad shows a security notification and I cannot by pass it/ignore it. Is this a real notification? See picture

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 10:11 AM

On your iPad, as shown, it’s a scam delivered as a Safari pop-up window. Do not attempt to interact with the pop-up or call the number; just close the Safari window.

Now concentrate on avoiding a repeat incident…

Browser-based attacks, such as the one you have just encountered, can largely be mitigated by installing a good, Content and Ad-blocking product. One of the very best and most respected within the Apple App Store - designed for iPad, iPhone and Mac - is 1Blocker for Safari.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

1Blocker is highly configurable - and crucially does not rely upon an external proxy-service of dubious provenance. All processing takes place on your device - and contrary to expectations, Safari will run faster and more efficiently. 

Unwanted content is not simply filtered after download (a technique used by basic/inferior products), but instead undesirable embedded content blocked form download. A further benefit on metered services, such as cellular connections where you data may be capped or chargeable, this not only improves speed but also saves you money.

A further measure to improve protection from attacks of this nature is to use a security focussed Recursive DNS Service in preference to automatic DNS settings. This can either be set on a per-device basis in Settings, or can be set-up on your home Router. I strongly recommend using one of the following services - for which IPv4 and IPv6 server addresses are listed:

Quad9 (recommended)

2620:fe::fe

2620:fe::9

OpenDNS

2620:0:ccc::2

2620:0:ccd::2

Cloudflare+APNIC

2606:4700:4700::1111

2606:4700:4700::1001

Use of the above DNS services will help to shield you from “known bad” websites and URLs - and when used alongside 1Blocker, or other Content Blocker provides defense in depth.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 10:11 AM in response to LiaCOrt

On your iPad, as shown, it’s a scam delivered as a Safari pop-up window. Do not attempt to interact with the pop-up or call the number; just close the Safari window.

Now concentrate on avoiding a repeat incident…

Browser-based attacks, such as the one you have just encountered, can largely be mitigated by installing a good, Content and Ad-blocking product. One of the very best and most respected within the Apple App Store - designed for iPad, iPhone and Mac - is 1Blocker for Safari.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

1Blocker is highly configurable - and crucially does not rely upon an external proxy-service of dubious provenance. All processing takes place on your device - and contrary to expectations, Safari will run faster and more efficiently. 

Unwanted content is not simply filtered after download (a technique used by basic/inferior products), but instead undesirable embedded content blocked form download. A further benefit on metered services, such as cellular connections where you data may be capped or chargeable, this not only improves speed but also saves you money.

A further measure to improve protection from attacks of this nature is to use a security focussed Recursive DNS Service in preference to automatic DNS settings. This can either be set on a per-device basis in Settings, or can be set-up on your home Router. I strongly recommend using one of the following services - for which IPv4 and IPv6 server addresses are listed:

Quad9 (recommended)

2620:fe::fe

2620:fe::9

OpenDNS

2620:0:ccc::2

2620:0:ccd::2

Cloudflare+APNIC

2606:4700:4700::1111

2606:4700:4700::1001

Use of the above DNS services will help to shield you from “known bad” websites and URLs - and when used alongside 1Blocker, or other Content Blocker provides defense in depth.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful. 

iPad Notification about security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.