Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the double click for Apple Pay removed with introduction of Express Mode on Apple Watch?

Since 1 October I can't double click the bottom button on Apple Watch to start Apple Pay. Express Mode works okay with London Underground, but not for other contactless payment devices. Is this expected?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 10:54 AM

6 replies

Oct 3, 2021 2:25 PM in response to Shane1501

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Shane1501,

Thank you for contacting us. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you. We understand you're having an issue with Apple Pay on your watch.  We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, make sure you have the most current operating system on your devices. The article you were looking at is the resource for Express Transit specifically, but you should still be able to double click to verify on other purchases as well, as long as Apple Pay is an option. Please see the resource below.

Make purchases using Apple Pay

If you need further assistance after following the link above, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Oct 4, 2021 3:11 AM in response to judysings

I do have the latest iOS on my iPhone 12 and latest WatchOS on my series 6. Since 1 October if I double click the bottom button I get the list of Watch apps rather than my payment card appearing. So, it's doing exactly the same thing whether I single click or double click the button. Is there some config in either the iPhone or Watch I need to change? Or is this a defect?

Is the double click for Apple Pay removed with introduction of Express Mode on Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.