Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple security email

I received an email saying my Apple security is locked. And when I follow the link they’re asking personal information and I want to make sure that you can see my Apple ID is locked and that you are indeed asked for confirmation of personal information

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 11:27 AM

You logged in here, so… very clearly the Apple ID is not locked.

There are an IMMENSE number of these scams, vast numbers of advertisements that lie, and worse. If you see the words “LOCKED” or “HACKED” or “VIRUS” in a message, or a countdown or time limit, or a “percentage hacked” in any mail, it’s likely a scam.

Some few of many ➡️ Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If this is one of the common phishing scams and you followed the link and entered any sensitive data or entered your password, then you did get breached.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you “just” followed the link to a scammer’s site, then you’ll probably be targeted with more scams.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 11:27 AM in response to SusieAshley

You logged in here, so… very clearly the Apple ID is not locked.

There are an IMMENSE number of these scams, vast numbers of advertisements that lie, and worse. If you see the words “LOCKED” or “HACKED” or “VIRUS” in a message, or a countdown or time limit, or a “percentage hacked” in any mail, it’s likely a scam.

Some few of many ➡️ Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If this is one of the common phishing scams and you followed the link and entered any sensitive data or entered your password, then you did get breached.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you “just” followed the link to a scammer’s site, then you’ll probably be targeted with more scams.

Oct 2, 2021 11:47 AM in response to SusieAshley

SusieAshley wrote:

Can you confirm my Apple ID is locked or did I receive spam email

If you logged into these forums using the same Apple ID…. the Apple ID is not locked!

If you need to prove that to yourself, then log into https://AppleID.Apple.Com and confirm.

Here is what Apple writes about identifying mail from Apple:

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Enabling two-factor authentication can make wresting control of your Apple ID more difficult:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

And we are not Apple. We are other users, like you. We don’t have access to your Apple ID.

Apple security email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.