Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty trash with OS Installer in it

For the life of me, I can't get my OS installer that I'm done with to empty from the trash.

I've tried to Opt-shft, but that didn't work.

I went to permissions and gave access to everything, but I still can't delete it from the trash.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. (running Big Sur 11.6)

Thanks,

AJ

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 1:11 PM

i think i would try temporarily disabling SIP. boot into recovery by holding "command+R". once there open terminal by clicking on "utilities" in the menubar and choosing "terminal". then paste in "csrutil disable" without the quotes. enter your admin password when prompted. then restart the mac and try deleting the file. wether or not it works, make sure to re-enable SIP. boot into recovery again, reopen terminal and paste in "csrutil enable" without the quotes. enter your admin password when prompted and again restart the mac normally. 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 1:11 PM in response to Alan Jones3

i think i would try temporarily disabling SIP. boot into recovery by holding "command+R". once there open terminal by clicking on "utilities" in the menubar and choosing "terminal". then paste in "csrutil disable" without the quotes. enter your admin password when prompted. then restart the mac and try deleting the file. wether or not it works, make sure to re-enable SIP. boot into recovery again, reopen terminal and paste in "csrutil enable" without the quotes. enter your admin password when prompted and again restart the mac normally. 

Empty trash with OS Installer in it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.