Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Links not working after update

Latest security update prevents me from opening links on iPhone and iMac. No message displays - the new page appears in the bar but the page is blank and will not populate. All software, etc. is up to date. I've restarted both several times and have checked internet settings but don't see anything that would block.

Any suggestions?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 9:30 AM

There have recently been many reports of a broad range of new problems on this support site about the latest release of Safari v15. It is included in the downloads for Big Sur and Catalina. If you are experiencing these problems, you can use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they will work for you until a newer version of Safari is released.

I have read here that Apple's support people have a link to reinstall Safari and that doing so often fixes the problem. You might check with them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 9:30 AM in response to strainer

There have recently been many reports of a broad range of new problems on this support site about the latest release of Safari v15. It is included in the downloads for Big Sur and Catalina. If you are experiencing these problems, you can use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they will work for you until a newer version of Safari is released.

I have read here that Apple's support people have a link to reinstall Safari and that doing so often fixes the problem. You might check with them.

Oct 3, 2021 5:45 AM in response to strainer

What links? Internet addresses, Mac shortcuts ... what exactly? Since you mention "page" I assume you mean links like bookmarks or favorites you access via a browser.

Can you access Internet addresses if you type in the address? Does this occur in all browsers or just Safari or whichever one you're using? I've not seen this on any of our devices but you need to drill down to exactly where the problem is.

Links not working after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.