Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I purchase a Ipad pro 12.9 ' 4th gen in US for my wife, recently its front screen(only) crack, i am in China now, can I still use Apple care for repairing in China?

Hello, I purchase a Ipad pro 12.9 ' 4th gen in US for my wife, recently its front screen(only) crack, i am in China now, can I still use Apple care for repairing in China?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 10:49 PM

If you have just the regular warranty, it is only valid in the country you purchased it in.

If you actually purchased Applecare plus, here is a link to the terms.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/us/

You can choose your date of purchase and then look at the terms; I chose April - September 2021 - see this paragraph on page 3:

Please note that if you seek service under this Plan in a country other than your country of

purchase, the service fee will need to be paid in that country’s currency and at that country’s

applicable rate – for further details, including regarding applicable fees by country, please visit

the AppleCare+ support website at apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/.

That appears to indicate that your device would be covered by Applecare + in other countries. Best to check with Apple since we are all just other users.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 10:49 PM in response to Peterupup

If you have just the regular warranty, it is only valid in the country you purchased it in.

If you actually purchased Applecare plus, here is a link to the terms.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/us/

You can choose your date of purchase and then look at the terms; I chose April - September 2021 - see this paragraph on page 3:

Please note that if you seek service under this Plan in a country other than your country of

purchase, the service fee will need to be paid in that country’s currency and at that country’s

applicable rate – for further details, including regarding applicable fees by country, please visit

the AppleCare+ support website at apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/.

That appears to indicate that your device would be covered by Applecare + in other countries. Best to check with Apple since we are all just other users.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.