Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint problem

I have iPhone 8 and a Hp printer. When I want to print it finds the printer both in direct print and Hpsmart. It says ”contacting the printer” but nothing happens. Sometimes, but seldom, it says ”preparing the printer” and it starts to print. Any suggestion how to solve this problem?

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 6:35 AM

Good thing is that the printer appears in AirPrint (direct print) and HP Smart app. The bad thing is that the connection does not appear to be consistent over your Wi-Fi Network. One requirement is, before you print, that your iPhone and the printer should be on the same Wi-Fi network. I am sure that yours are on the same network because you area able to find the printer on the Wi-Fi Network.

Try rebooting the Wi-Fi Router and the Printer and then check again for printing consistently.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 6:35 AM in response to Byle55

Good thing is that the printer appears in AirPrint (direct print) and HP Smart app. The bad thing is that the connection does not appear to be consistent over your Wi-Fi Network. One requirement is, before you print, that your iPhone and the printer should be on the same Wi-Fi network. I am sure that yours are on the same network because you area able to find the printer on the Wi-Fi Network.

Try rebooting the Wi-Fi Router and the Printer and then check again for printing consistently.

Axel F.

AirPrint problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.