Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set the Homepod (or pair of Homepods) to be the default audio source of the Mac?

Hello, I just bought two pairs of HomePods, in my study there is a screen to which Apple TV and Mac Mini (M1) are connected.

I was able to set the HomePods as the default audio source for the Apple TV successfully but I was unable to do so on the Mac.

Is there any way to set the HomePod as the primary audio source for Mac without using AirPlay?

AirPlay does not always work well, there is a annoying delay and you have to reconnect it every time.

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 7:07 AM

Apple TV "knows" how much delay to add to the video content so that it will line up with audio sent over AirPlay. See Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support and the section Calibrate audio between your wired and wireless speakers.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

How to set the Homepod (or pair of Homepods) to be the default audio source of the Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.