Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you import Music playlists from a Time Machine backup?

Hi,

If anyone has any advice on this I would be very grateful:

When I replaced my stolen MacBook Pro, I wanted to move all my Music & playlists from my Time Machine backup drive to my new MacBook Pro.

Unfortunately it notified me that my old Music Library was damaged.

Thankfully I have been able to import all my songs from my backup drive into Music. So they’re safe.

However I've not been able to import my previous playlists.

All my previous Time Machine backups are intact on my backup drive.

But what playlist file am I looking for? And when I locate it, how do I import it into Music?

I’ve tried a few things but no luck so far. I have a lot of playlists that I am keen to retrieve if at all possible.

Thanks,

Tom

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 8:55 AM

Hello tomofswindon, Thanks for reaching out to us for support. We can help you to restore your music playlist from a Time Machine backup. When you have a free moment, check out the thread below. We ask you to take a look at the thread below because the discussion is similar to the issue you are experiencing.

Can I Restore A Deleted iTunes playlist via Time Machine?

If you’re still having the same problem after looking at the thread we provided, do not hesitate to reach back out to us so that we can continue troubleshooting with you.  Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 8:55 AM in response to tomofswindon

Hello tomofswindon, Thanks for reaching out to us for support. We can help you to restore your music playlist from a Time Machine backup. When you have a free moment, check out the thread below. We ask you to take a look at the thread below because the discussion is similar to the issue you are experiencing.

Can I Restore A Deleted iTunes playlist via Time Machine?

If you’re still having the same problem after looking at the thread we provided, do not hesitate to reach back out to us so that we can continue troubleshooting with you.  Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

How do you import Music playlists from a Time Machine backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.