Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems using Apple Watch for Apple Pay

When using my Apple Watch for Apple Pay, double clicking the bar on the watch does not always bring up the credit card. Yesterday for example I made several payments with my watch and then the next payment I tried to make did not bring up the credit card. I double clicked several times but each time the wrong page came up. Today all is well again.

I have had this problem happen a few times. Any advice?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 7:18 AM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2021 8:47 AM in response to lynjon1

Hello Lynjon1,

It sounds like you are experiencing issues bringing up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch. We understand how concerning this is and we are here to help.

What usually happens when you double tap the side button and the Apple Pay option doesn't appear: Make purchases with Apple Watch

Can you also provide a few more details? Which Apple Watch are you currently using? Which watchOS version is installed? Also, have you restarted your Apple Watch since you first noticed this issue?

Cheers!

Oct 4, 2021 9:01 AM in response to barberlives123

The problem happened again today. When I double click on the side bar what often happens is that I very briefly get the same display as if I had clicked only once. But then it goes back to the display before I double clicked. Today I tried again several times and eventually it worked and my credit card list appeared. But it's a bit embarrassing when you're standing in line clicking away furiously with the "latest technology" and it isn't working. In the past I noticed the problem occurred because I wasn't double-clicking fast enough. But now the problem occurs no matter how fast I double click.

I'm using an Apple Watch Series 5. Running 7.6.2.

I've had this issue on and off for several months, so there have been a few software updates since then which of course required the watch to be restarted.

Problems using Apple Watch for Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.