Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not install IOS 15.1. Please help!

I have an Iphone 6S that I didn't use for 3 years. Now when I want to update it to IOS 15.1 It says that error happens . I tried many times. What shall I do?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 7:40 AM

If you're sure that iPhone is a model 6s (not a model 6, which can't support iOS past 12.5.5 version), AND if it is still running iOS 12 as you wrote, I suggest that you update it via computer (not wirelessly, via Wifi).

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 7:40 AM in response to nailakress

If you're sure that iPhone is a model 6s (not a model 6, which can't support iOS past 12.5.5 version), AND if it is still running iOS 12 as you wrote, I suggest that you update it via computer (not wirelessly, via Wifi).

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Can not install IOS 15.1. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.