Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If the orange or green dot is on on the front of my iPhone and signifying that the microphone and the camera is being used does that mean someone can see me or hear me

If the orange or green dot is on on the front of my iPhone signifying the microphone on the camera is being used does that mean somebody can listen to me or see me?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 2:26 PM

10 replies

Oct 31, 2021 7:57 AM in response to children130

Doesn’t anyone actually GET IT?! That is NOT WHAT THE ORANGE LIGHT SHOWS. It shows that the MICROPHONE IS ON. It does not mean that anything is being recorded (and indeed, nothing is). How can you be heard by the other party if the microphone is not on? Think about that. And the camera will be on for WhatsApp, because that’s a feature of WhatsApp, unless you turn it off. It will also be on for FaceTime. See the word “FACE” in “FaceTime”? It means that your FACE will show in a call, again, unless you turn off this feature.

If the orange or green dot is on on the front of my iPhone and signifying that the microphone and the camera is being used does that mean someone can see me or hear me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.