Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio compound clips crashing FCPX??

Every time I try to make an audio compound clip ... poof ... FCPX crashes. I've got the latest versions of everything running.

It's a minute commercial. I'm just trying to compound clip the audio clips so I can lower the volume across the whole clip at once.

Help! All ears ...

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 3:04 PM

It may be an issue with the media, or the project, or something else. It's not crashing my application. Make sure you trash preferences every time the application crashes.

If you need to raise or lower all the audio from it's current setting, select all the clips and tap Ctrl-= or Ctrl-minus to raise or lower the levels in one decibel increments. You can do this while the audio is playing back.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 3:04 PM in response to Ben Low

It may be an issue with the media, or the project, or something else. It's not crashing my application. Make sure you trash preferences every time the application crashes.

If you need to raise or lower all the audio from it's current setting, select all the clips and tap Ctrl-= or Ctrl-minus to raise or lower the levels in one decibel increments. You can do this while the audio is playing back.

Oct 3, 2021 3:14 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Dang, didn't realise that was possible ... the highlighting of a bunch of clips at once ... ha ha ha ... I do it all the time, but only for a few clips. Strangely didn't enter my head to do it for the whole track. Duh. Great help Tom.

I'll trash the preferences next time round. I've just crashed it three times ... this ain't getting the job finished.

Job first. Final Cut fix second.

Thank you most kindly, very much appreciated ...

Ben

audio compound clips crashing FCPX??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.