Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro icloud locked

Hi There,

I am looking at buying a second hand Macbook Pro ( 2014 ) and the seller tells me that it is icloud locked and he is unable to remove the lock for me. Is there any way to remove the icloud lock ?

Many Thanks in advance.

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 7:25 PM

Hi manic_34,

If the seller is unable to remove the iCloud Lock (in this case, the lock imposed by Find My Mac), you should assume that the device is stolen. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS MAC.

Apple and their authorized service providers have the capability to remove any lock imposed by iCloud, but will only do so if the person taking the Mac in can provide proof of ownership (such as an original receipt).

EDIT: The safest place to purchase used Macs from is the Refurbished Products section in the Apple store: Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 7:25 PM in response to manic_34

Hi manic_34,

If the seller is unable to remove the iCloud Lock (in this case, the lock imposed by Find My Mac), you should assume that the device is stolen. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS MAC.

Apple and their authorized service providers have the capability to remove any lock imposed by iCloud, but will only do so if the person taking the Mac in can provide proof of ownership (such as an original receipt).

EDIT: The safest place to purchase used Macs from is the Refurbished Products section in the Apple store: Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

Macbook Pro icloud locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.