Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password in notes

Does anyone know how to change or reset your password in notes that you have locked? I forgot my password?

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 8:27 PM

You cannot reset an existing password that is assigned to existing notes. I understand that you have forgotten this password. When you reset the password for notes then the new password only affects the new notes that you password protect. The previous password protected notes remain protected with the original password.

You will get unlimited guesses for that password and hopefully that will help you recall the password.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 8:27 PM in response to Uncertianboutlife

You cannot reset an existing password that is assigned to existing notes. I understand that you have forgotten this password. When you reset the password for notes then the new password only affects the new notes that you password protect. The previous password protected notes remain protected with the original password.

You will get unlimited guesses for that password and hopefully that will help you recall the password.

Axel F.

Password in notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.