Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete an app permanently not just off my home screen ?

how do I permanently delete an app ? It say it just removing from Home Screen I want it gone

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 8:33 PM

Some of the apps that are produced by Apple cannot be completely deleted (Safari, App Store etc) because they are a part of the operating system. All third party apps can be completely deleted. If you are deleting one of those apps that can be deleted and are only seeing the Remove From Home Screen option then, you may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 8:33 PM in response to Markyfedex49

Some of the apps that are produced by Apple cannot be completely deleted (Safari, App Store etc) because they are a part of the operating system. All third party apps can be completely deleted. If you are deleting one of those apps that can be deleted and are only seeing the Remove From Home Screen option then, you may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW.

Axel F.

How can I delete an app permanently not just off my home screen ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.