Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my safari is not working. what should I do?

I receive the folloowing message:click reopen to open the application again. this report will be sent to Apple automatically.

I click reopen and nothing. The same message appear.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:36 AM

Safari is built into the OS can not be removed or deleted.

Does the same issue present when booting into Safe Mode ??

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 4:36 AM in response to ciprianilie

Safari is built into the OS can not be removed or deleted.

Does the same issue present when booting into Safe Mode ??

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

Oct 4, 2021 1:32 AM in response to ciprianilie

No, you can't delete Safari. However these are the common problem why Safari isn't working.

• Too many tabs opened
  • Too much cache, downloads, and history logs that have not been cleaned for a long time
  • An extension, plugin, or website you're browsing is causing Safari to crash/freeze
  • An outdated version of Safari 
  • Older version of macOS

You can do this if ever:

Close all tabs (Open Safari > Close all tabs)

Clear website data (Go to safari > Preference > Clear data)

Check Updates (About this Mac > Check updates)

Or lastly, Remove website data from Finder

1. Go to Finder.
  2. From the Go menu, select Go to Folder. 
  3. Enter ~/Library/Safari and click Go.
  4. Remove all files that contain History.db in their name and a file LastSession.plist.

Those are just suggestions. Up to you mate. :)

my safari is not working. what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.