Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't accept new Terms for iCloud on iPad with iOS 9.3.5

I have an iPad (generation 2) with iOS 9.3.5 which my son have used and now I want to erase the iPad and re-install for my daughter to use it.

But I can't logout from iCloud on the iPad because I need to accept new iCloud Terms and Conditions and that process does not work, I only get a message saying that it failed. This also means that I can't disable Find my iPhone...

This problem also prevents my from updating it to iOS 9.3.6.

So I am kind of stuck and hope someone can help me here

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:27 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2021 1:41 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks, but it does not seem to solve anything for me. I have my son's appleID on his new iPad and that works fine. Just to make sure I have signed him out of that one. But the old iPad I can't do anything with it until I accept the new Terms and Conditions and every time I accept them I get a message back that it failed for an unknown reason.

So since I can't do anything with his iCloud account on that iPad until I accept the Terms, I am unable to logout from the iPad, update the iPad, turn off Find my iPhone etc...

I am clueless and also annoyed that I can't use the device I once bought from Apple....

Can't accept new Terms for iCloud on iPad with iOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.