Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MIC problems

Hi, I have an issue on my new iPhone 13 max pro which is updated to latest iOS 15.0.1. whenever i have a call on whatsApp or massenger I got muted and the other end can’t hear me anymore until they stop talking and vice versa. Is this a feature and how can I disable it? Or is it a hardware problem? Please advise.

thanks!

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 6:25 AM

Hi, I had the exact same issue and I tried in Whatsapp, messenger, regular call and facetime audio., everything had the same issue - suddenly gets kind of muted(not distorted) other person cannot hear anything. I got the phone replaced and on the new phone(13 pro max) as well, still the same issue. Definitely this an issue and also most of the I noted this issue when I am on loud speaker.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 6:25 AM in response to merlinapple

Hi, I had the exact same issue and I tried in Whatsapp, messenger, regular call and facetime audio., everything had the same issue - suddenly gets kind of muted(not distorted) other person cannot hear anything. I got the phone replaced and on the new phone(13 pro max) as well, still the same issue. Definitely this an issue and also most of the I noted this issue when I am on loud speaker.

Oct 5, 2021 6:19 AM in response to mohannad193

Hello mohannad193,

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with some of your apps. We will be happy to assist you.

Let's try the steps in this article to see if they help: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If they do not help, reach out to WhatsApp support to see if they have any insight on this.

Contact WhatsApp

Cheers!

Oct 8, 2021 6:20 AM in response to mohannad193

HI, I have the exact same issue. I went to apple store to get the problem troubleshoot and got the phone replaced with another brand new one as I was under 14 days return period. But surprisingly, with the new phone also, I have the exact same issue. At this point, I am not really sure it is a hardware problem or the software bug. But this is definitely an issue on all the iphone 13 pro max.

MIC problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.