Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Not Syncing on MacBook Pro

Suddenly my MacBook Pro 15" is not syncing to iCloud... All checked ALL the settings in System Prefences and have been the same for 2 years. I also checked whether iCloud is down or not on Apple's iCloud system status site. Many files are in limbo showing they are stuck

I have monthly plan for 50 GB which I use for work. see screenshot enclosed.

Please address this immediately or I will have to cancel my iCloud subscription and go somewhere else because I cannot have my files not syncing!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 7:15 AM

Hello MacAwesome88,

From your post it appears that there is an issue with files syncing via iCloud.

While this may sound simple, we want to be sure that you have powered the Mac off, and then back on. This simple process can refresh the operating system, apps and connections.

After that, be sure to take a look at the information contained here to make sure everything is still set up correctly: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

It is worth double checking everything as some times a setting can be changed inadvertently.

If you are still have an issue we would suggest reaching out to Contact - Official Apple Support.

Have a good day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 7:15 AM in response to MacAwesome88

Hello MacAwesome88,

From your post it appears that there is an issue with files syncing via iCloud.

While this may sound simple, we want to be sure that you have powered the Mac off, and then back on. This simple process can refresh the operating system, apps and connections.

After that, be sure to take a look at the information contained here to make sure everything is still set up correctly: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

It is worth double checking everything as some times a setting can be changed inadvertently.

If you are still have an issue we would suggest reaching out to Contact - Official Apple Support.

Have a good day.

Oct 7, 2021 12:01 AM in response to jdo_apple

So I did many things.. including signing out of iCloud and Apple i.d.., shutting down Mac as suggested here, and Unchecking Documents & Desktop sync. Suddenly Wednesday night at 11:45pm everything started uploading again... and within 15 minutes.. everything resolved...

Thank you to all to helped me get iCloud files syncing again! Also Apple Support & Engineering for all the suggestions too.

God Bless You All!

iCloud Not Syncing on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.