Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any way i can access imessages on icloud

I half asleep accidentally deleted my messages on my phone and i’m trying to review them on icloud. But i’m unable to view messages on icloud.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:20 AM

If you were not syncing your messages to iCloud then you may be able to retrieve them if they had been part of a backup and you are willing to revert your entire iPhone to the state it was at the time of the backup.

Click on this link to discover how to 'Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup' --> https://support.apple.com/HT204184

If you have been using iCloud to sync messages then you received your "solution" in an earlier post. :-(

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 7:20 AM in response to gracedudley

If you were not syncing your messages to iCloud then you may be able to retrieve them if they had been part of a backup and you are willing to revert your entire iPhone to the state it was at the time of the backup.

Click on this link to discover how to 'Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup' --> https://support.apple.com/HT204184

If you have been using iCloud to sync messages then you received your "solution" in an earlier post. :-(

Oct 4, 2021 6:29 AM in response to gracedudley

If you’re using messages in iCloud, deletions are instantaneous and permanent. They will have been deleted off the device and in iCloud and cannot be recovered unless you have your own separate, independent backup of those messages.

Messages in iCloud is a synchronization service to sync messages across all your devices (sync’ing included deletion).

is there any way i can access imessages on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.