Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro mic wide spectrum is currently unavailable

I updated my iPhone 12 Pro to iOS 15.0.1 and when I try to change the microphone mode to wide spectrum I get a message on the top that says Wide Spectrum is currently unavailable.

This happens with or without my AirPods connected to the phone, it doesn't matter which mic source I use, it never allows me to enable Wide Spectrum mode.

Can someone please help with this?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 8:42 AM

Hey alk-chko,

It appears that you see a message that "Wide Spectrum is currently unavailable" when trying to select that on your iPhone 12 Pro. Does this issue continue after restarting your iPhone 12 Pro? Restart your iPhone Restarting may seem like a simple step, but it can sometimes help resolve issues.

Let us know if that helps or if you've already tried that step.

Best wishes.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 8:42 AM in response to alk-chko

Hey alk-chko,

It appears that you see a message that "Wide Spectrum is currently unavailable" when trying to select that on your iPhone 12 Pro. Does this issue continue after restarting your iPhone 12 Pro? Restart your iPhone Restarting may seem like a simple step, but it can sometimes help resolve issues.

Let us know if that helps or if you've already tried that step.

Best wishes.

Oct 6, 2021 3:09 PM in response to claire504

I contacted tech support trough chat and they couldn’t find any issues in the diagnostic they ran on my phone.

I wiped my phone and I was able to enable wide spectrum option using all system defaults and a new iCloud account but when I restore my backup the issue comes back again. I’ll go to the apple store tomorrow and see what they suggest

iPhone 12 Pro mic wide spectrum is currently unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.