Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to update my iOS because my internal storage is full. I am unable to delete or update apps. What do I do?

I am unable to update my iOS or apps because my internal storage is full. I cannot delete apps.

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 8:26 AM

If your storage is full, you'll need to remove things you don't need or use, such as Apps, Music, Photos, Files, Videos, Messages, Email, etc.

If you are unable to delete apps, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Is Deleting Apps marked Allow?

You can if you want, update your phone using your home computer with iTunes. But you really need to reduce the memory on your phone as phones which are out of storage, don't run optimally to begin with.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 8:26 AM in response to Helpwithiphoneapps

If your storage is full, you'll need to remove things you don't need or use, such as Apps, Music, Photos, Files, Videos, Messages, Email, etc.

If you are unable to delete apps, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Is Deleting Apps marked Allow?

You can if you want, update your phone using your home computer with iTunes. But you really need to reduce the memory on your phone as phones which are out of storage, don't run optimally to begin with.

I am unable to update my iOS because my internal storage is full. I am unable to delete or update apps. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.