Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help I need to update my Safari browser

I need to update my Safari browser

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 11:23 AM

Installing a newer version of Safari requires that you install a newer version of your computer's operating system. That is an upgrade, not an update. Safari is installed as part of the operating system and normally cannot be individually upgraded or updated. If you are unable to install a newer operating system, in your computer, you might consider adding another browser such as Chrome or Firefox, which can be individually upgraded if needed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 11:23 AM in response to Ginger2942

Installing a newer version of Safari requires that you install a newer version of your computer's operating system. That is an upgrade, not an update. Safari is installed as part of the operating system and normally cannot be individually upgraded or updated. If you are unable to install a newer operating system, in your computer, you might consider adding another browser such as Chrome or Firefox, which can be individually upgraded if needed.

Please help I need to update my Safari browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.