Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

want to update my i mac i want mac os 11 big sur is it possible?

want to update my i mac , i want mac os 11 big sur is it possible?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:24 PM

Hello. This depends on the age of your iMac. If you haven't already, click on the Apple logo in the top-left of your screen and choose "About This Mac." After doing so, please note the year of iMac you have. Then, navigate here and see if your iMac is listed. If your iMac is listed on the linked page, you will be able to upgrade to Big Sur. Otherwise, you are limited in the maximum version of macOS you can run and can likely only run 10.13 or 10.15 at the latest.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 12:24 PM in response to shubhamphotography

Hello. This depends on the age of your iMac. If you haven't already, click on the Apple logo in the top-left of your screen and choose "About This Mac." After doing so, please note the year of iMac you have. Then, navigate here and see if your iMac is listed. If your iMac is listed on the linked page, you will be able to upgrade to Big Sur. Otherwise, you are limited in the maximum version of macOS you can run and can likely only run 10.13 or 10.15 at the latest.

want to update my i mac i want mac os 11 big sur is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.