Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to the highest possible OS - High Sierra

I have an older mac running Os X 11 El Capitain, and would like to upgrade to OS x 13 High Sierra (the highest OS that can run on my iMac (2011). Where do I find High Sierra? It is not available on App Store???

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 1:08 PM

Hello. It sounds like you already have the High Sierra installer downloaded but there is an issue with it. Go to your Applications folder and delete the High Sierra installer. Then use the link I shared with you to download a fresh copy from Apple. After doing this, try running the upgrade again.

Please also be sure to backup your data before upgrading.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 1:08 PM in response to Swede_in_Denmark

Hello. It sounds like you already have the High Sierra installer downloaded but there is an issue with it. Go to your Applications folder and delete the High Sierra installer. Then use the link I shared with you to download a fresh copy from Apple. After doing this, try running the upgrade again.

Please also be sure to backup your data before upgrading.

Upgrading to the highest possible OS - High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.