You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 not formatting with Instagram stories.

I just got my Iphone13 pro today and even with the newest update of Instagram the formatting is still off for stories. I can’t see the entire screen of a story. Any tips out there? I see people saying it should be fixed but the story formatting is still not. HELP!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 4:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 5:01 AM

This reply is not helpful at all! I was able to share stories on my old iPhone but can’t on t phone 13 plus so it’s an iPhone display issue. Please let us know how to be able to share our stories on the iPhone 13. That would be helpful

5 replies

Oct 5, 2021 1:44 PM in response to Memetetelele

Hi Memetetelele,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues seeing Instagram stories on your iPhone.

It sounds like this only impacts this app and not others. In that case, we recommend using the app-specific troubleshooting steps from If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open.

Have a great day!

Jan 2, 2022 12:38 AM in response to Memetetelele

I am facing the same issue. Or maybe not. The thing I observed is:

1. If the video that I want to upload as a story is less then 30 secs then I am able to upload
  2. If its more than 30secs then sometimes its getting truncated to 30 secs and uploads it to IG and sometimes it keeps spinning on the upload (with options at left bottom "Your story" and Close friends")
  3. I am trying this by selecting the video from Photos and clicking on SHARE and selecting IG and selecting Story

This is ridiculous and so frustrating

iPhone 13 not formatting with Instagram stories.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.