Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcpx how to edit title text

I made moving titles with the "star wars" effect, and now I need to change the text. How can I get back to the text box?

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 12:48 PM

This is incorrect information. You really do not have to do anything in the Title inspector, except maybe adjust the speed, which is a combination of the slider and the length of the text block in the timeline. You can enter the text directly in the Text inspector.

I would recommend, if you're just getting started with the application, to look through the IzzyVideo tutorials.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 12:48 PM in response to pamparis

This is incorrect information. You really do not have to do anything in the Title inspector, except maybe adjust the speed, which is a combination of the slider and the length of the text block in the timeline. You can enter the text directly in the Text inspector.

I would recommend, if you're just getting started with the application, to look through the IzzyVideo tutorials.

Oct 5, 2021 9:20 AM in response to terryb

I'm using a trial version of FCP 10.5.4 on a Mac running the latest OS. There is no way to reproduce the scenario you describe within the Far Far Away title template. Clicking on the title clip and that Text tool does not let me enter into the title and change the text. That's only, I think, how you can create the title; not alter it later. Unless I am missing something ...

Oct 5, 2021 2:22 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

@pamparis, I suggested adding a new Far Far Away title to the timeline to make sure that you were working with it on the timeline, not trying to do something from the title template browser. We can't see your Mac or what you're clicking on so sometimes I find it best to be verbose and not make assumptions. My thinking was if you were able to see how to edit the text of this newly created one, then you'd see how clicking on your original Far Far Away title in the timeline would allow you to edit its text.

But if you're saying that you select the Far Far Away title in your timeline (making sure it's outlined in yellow), then click on the the Text inspector icon (don't click on anything else before this), and you still can't edit text, something is wrong.

Can you post 3 or 4 screenshots showing what you're doing and the Title inspector that won't let you edit the text?

fcpx how to edit title text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.