Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone XR has a software update but will not let me update

Update on my iPhone XR will not update y is this a problem can someone please answer that works for Apple support thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:13 PM

This is a user to user technical support forum; no one here works for Apple. To contact Apple use the Get Support link at the top of this page. But you can probably resolve the issue yourself: To update all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 series with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode
  • If you had previously installed a beta version on the phone you must remove it

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 6:13 PM in response to Ernesto3621

This is a user to user technical support forum; no one here works for Apple. To contact Apple use the Get Support link at the top of this page. But you can probably resolve the issue yourself: To update all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 series with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode
  • If you had previously installed a beta version on the phone you must remove it

my iPhone XR has a software update but will not let me update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.