Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Out of storage space

changed plan, added more storage but didn’t change anything! I once had many apps, now I have deleted 90% of apps the rest are offload and I still can’t download anything due to lack of space

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:22 PM

You have purchased space in Apple's synching service, iCloud. You cannot add storage to the phone. It will always have the amount of storage it came with. The only way you can create more space is to delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive. also be sure to restart after deletions...

Check these links...

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 6:22 PM in response to Bravo2jo

You have purchased space in Apple's synching service, iCloud. You cannot add storage to the phone. It will always have the amount of storage it came with. The only way you can create more space is to delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive. also be sure to restart after deletions...

Check these links...

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Out of storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.