Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your connection is not private" message

Hi

My Mac keeps showing this message when I am trying to go to certain websites. I've tried everything that comes up on Google. Please help!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 8:19 PM

Ok, the site is not letting me post the answer, possibly because it has links. How utterly absurd if so. Anyway, let me try without.

The problem is that some certificates expired on Sept 30 which broke the internet for a lot of people.

If you are able, update your OS to Big Sur. If you can't (pretty sure those of us with "older" computers can't update, since I don't see the option). If not, you will need to download the certificates.

Search for a Youtube for a video called "Did internet access on your Mac break on 30th September 2021? Here's the fix!" and follow the directions.

Now, here is a site that explains more and links to the downloads. Search for [ DST Root CA X3 Certificate Expiration Problems and Fix on a site called stephenwagner dot com]. You will also get an error on the let's encrypt site where you download the certificates - click "Advanced" then proceed to the site.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 8:19 PM in response to Atman123

Ok, the site is not letting me post the answer, possibly because it has links. How utterly absurd if so. Anyway, let me try without.

The problem is that some certificates expired on Sept 30 which broke the internet for a lot of people.

If you are able, update your OS to Big Sur. If you can't (pretty sure those of us with "older" computers can't update, since I don't see the option). If not, you will need to download the certificates.

Search for a Youtube for a video called "Did internet access on your Mac break on 30th September 2021? Here's the fix!" and follow the directions.

Now, here is a site that explains more and links to the downloads. Search for [ DST Root CA X3 Certificate Expiration Problems and Fix on a site called stephenwagner dot com]. You will also get an error on the let's encrypt site where you download the certificates - click "Advanced" then proceed to the site.

"Your connection is not private" message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.