Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot restore backup on brand new phone

im trying to set up my brand new iphone 13 pro and apple has been no help to me with trying to restore my phone. i go through all the steps and once i get to the end to restore my phone it says cannot restore backup the server is currently unavailable. try again later to finish setting up your iphone. i have done everything that apple has told me to do and i have been trying to do it for around 6 hours now. i need help on getting my phone the way that it was it has all my important work information on it.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:57 PM

I suggest, if possible, make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it.

Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

That would be the quickest way to get the problem resolved. Other than that, all I can suggest is to make sure you connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 7:57 PM in response to kennywinn44

I suggest, if possible, make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it.

Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

That would be the quickest way to get the problem resolved. Other than that, all I can suggest is to make sure you connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network.

cannot restore backup on brand new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.