Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

skinny line at bottom of my new ipad pro 11 “

you say that the line is necessary since there is no home button. However when i open an amazon book

with my Kindle app the bottome line in the book page disappears after 2 seconds and no longer distracts you from reading. In other apps it never dissappears.

Why do you not apply that Kindle solution to all your apps:

let line dissapears after a short time. swiping from bottom closes automatically the app.

Kind regards

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 3:32 AM

The bar that appears at the bottom edge of the iPad screen is an integral element of the iPad User Interface. The visible bar acts as a “handle” that you can touch and manipulate - such as dragging the App Window or switching between Apps.

As you have correctly observed, some Apps are able to suppress visibility of the bottom bar. Where implemented, this is a function of the running App - and must be coded by the App Developer if the bar is to be hidden from view. As such, whether or not the bar is visible is the choice of the respective Developer - choice that is likely to be influenced by required functionality.

In context of Apple Apps, if you have any comments or feature requests, Apple do invite constructive feedback via their product feedback pages - this being the most appropriate channel through which to make your views known:

Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 3:32 AM in response to hugodelat

The bar that appears at the bottom edge of the iPad screen is an integral element of the iPad User Interface. The visible bar acts as a “handle” that you can touch and manipulate - such as dragging the App Window or switching between Apps.

As you have correctly observed, some Apps are able to suppress visibility of the bottom bar. Where implemented, this is a function of the running App - and must be coded by the App Developer if the bar is to be hidden from view. As such, whether or not the bar is visible is the choice of the respective Developer - choice that is likely to be influenced by required functionality.

In context of Apple Apps, if you have any comments or feature requests, Apple do invite constructive feedback via their product feedback pages - this being the most appropriate channel through which to make your views known:

Product Feedback - Apple

Oct 5, 2021 4:09 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for your reaction. But i see or i am not aware of any useful application the bottom bar has, other than closing an app .

To me a simple swipe up from bottom would do the job, without the bar.

Could you give me an indication where i might find any information on these other possibilities of the use of the bottom bar?

Hugodelat

skinny line at bottom of my new ipad pro 11 “

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.