Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where app search ios 14 on my iPad

Running iOS 14.7 on my phone and 14.8 on my iPad. On the phone, there is an app search field when I swipe past the last Home Screen to the right. No such search field on the iPad, I presume there is a setting for this somewhere, but haven’t found it yet. Similar threads suggest there is a search field when swiping down from top of Home Screen, but nope.

Thanks

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:30 AM

I presume you refer to the App Library and associated Search function present in iPhone. Prior to iPadOS15 for iPad, the App Library is an iPhone-only feature.

If your iPad is currently running iPadOS14.x, it is capable of update to iPadOS15 - where the App Library is now a standard feature.

Be aware that whilst your currently installed version of iPadOS does not provide the App Library feature, you can use Siri-search to find Apps installed on your iPad. From any Home Screen, simply swipe-downwards on any empty area of the screen (avoiding the extreme edges and corners) to expose the Search dialogue:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 2:30 AM in response to AlbyAlbyAlby123

I presume you refer to the App Library and associated Search function present in iPhone. Prior to iPadOS15 for iPad, the App Library is an iPhone-only feature.

If your iPad is currently running iPadOS14.x, it is capable of update to iPadOS15 - where the App Library is now a standard feature.

Be aware that whilst your currently installed version of iPadOS does not provide the App Library feature, you can use Siri-search to find Apps installed on your iPad. From any Home Screen, simply swipe-downwards on any empty area of the screen (avoiding the extreme edges and corners) to expose the Search dialogue:

Where app search ios 14 on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.