Related Article: About fans and fan noise in your Apple product

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many fans in I Mac 2021?

planning to buy I Mac 2021

but confused in basic model (rs 119000) and upper model cost me around (rs 139000)

in I Mac 2021 basic model 1 fan and upper model 2 fans. Is it actually affecting I Mac performance?

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 3:47 AM

The upper model has a Larger Storage Drive, Ethernet connection and 2 USB 3 ports.

see > https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac

The lower model has a 7-core GPU and the upper models have an 8-core GPU. Posting hardware tare down and repair links will get removed, but yes it looks like the lower model has 1 and both the mid and upper models have 2.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 3:47 AM in response to randeep1983

The upper model has a Larger Storage Drive, Ethernet connection and 2 USB 3 ports.

see > https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac

The lower model has a 7-core GPU and the upper models have an 8-core GPU. Posting hardware tare down and repair links will get removed, but yes it looks like the lower model has 1 and both the mid and upper models have 2.

Oct 5, 2021 6:46 AM in response to randeep1983

I’ve been a non-professional computer user since the 1980s and the thing if learnt about choosing a computer specifications is to first define what you want out of it. Once you have specified your uses then it’s a matter of matching this to the hardware specifications.

I recently changed from an older dual quad core Mac Pro with 16MB of memory and three internal hard drives each of 2TB to a base model M1 iMac with 8GB memory and 512 GB SSD. My reason for the apparent downgrade is that I don’t do heavy duty photo manipulation, I do no video work and never play games. From my pre-research the base model on chip graphic capability is only about 5% less than the next model with one extra core and that the M1 memory management is different to previous machines meaning that 8GB is satisfactory for most day to day operations. However in financial terms buy as much memory & storage as your pocket can handle as there is no after market upgrade.

How many fans in I Mac 2021?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.