Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud custom domain email

I own a custom domain, but GoDaddy.com wants monthly fees to set up professional email on this domain. Is there a way to use the domain via iCloud instead of paying GoDaddy for it also?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 3:32 PM

Hi gerald1114,

Welcome to the Apple Community,

where some of us do our best to help each other troubleshoot.

Not having used this feature myself, I'm sorry I have no experience to offer.

However Apple Support have an article online (link Below) that seems to provide all the answers.

Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212514

Hope this works for you :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 3:32 PM in response to gerald1114

Hi gerald1114,

Welcome to the Apple Community,

where some of us do our best to help each other troubleshoot.

Not having used this feature myself, I'm sorry I have no experience to offer.

However Apple Support have an article online (link Below) that seems to provide all the answers.

Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212514

Hope this works for you :-)

Oct 6, 2021 1:15 PM in response to gerald1114

You will still have to pay for the domain to GoDaddy as Apple is not a registrar. That being said Apple has integrated to GoDaddy for setting up the email to the custom domain. Log into icon and you can set up the custom domain. It will actually through the integration make the necessary DNS changes for you.

One thing to understand is once it is set up and you start creating email addresses is that they are aliases to your Apple ID giving you a unified inbox. So for every person you want to give an email in the custom domain will need to also be a family member on the shared iCloud+ account. This is definitely for personal use not commercial use.

iCloud custom domain email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.