Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I lose data when downgrading iCloud storage?

What happens if I can't pay the 200GB storage and Apple downgrades to the free 5GB storage plan? Let's say I have 100GB of data. Do I lose 95GB of them immediately? For how long Apple stores them? What if I'm on the 5GB free storage for 2-3 months then upgrade back to 200GB? Are all my 100GB of data will be there like nothing happened?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:58 AM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2021 10:08 AM in response to XDannyL

Hi XDannyL,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to know what happens if your iCloud storage is downgraded and that you've already reviewed Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan.

Once your storage plan is downgraded to 5GB for example, you will no longer have access to the data included in your 200GB storage plan. In this case, we'd recommend that you make a copy of what is stored in iCloud so that you continue to have access to your data: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Oct 6, 2021 2:24 PM in response to Miche11e_P

Hi Miche11e_P,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I don’t mind if I have no access to the 200GB of data for a few months.

I’m curious if I’ll have access to that 200GB of data if I continue paying for the larger storage.

So if I downgrade the storage, do I lose the data or I just have no access to it?

Best regards,

Daniel

Do I lose data when downgrading iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.