Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soften picture edges on Pages for Mac

I have a MacBook Air and I can't find where I can blur the edges of photos in Pages that I add to my document. I use this all the time. It was on my old MacBook Pro but everything seems harder on this new computer. If it's not on this version anymore, can I add it somehow? Help

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 2:22 PM

I believe, the OP wants to achieve the following frame effect that is available with Pages '09 v4.3, but no Pages application since, including the 87 picture frames in Pages v11.2. Consequently, now one must use a suitable third-party tool (GIMP, Affinity Designer, Pixelmator, etc.) to achieve this effect, or grow gray hair attempting to do it in Core Image with Swift or Objective-C.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 2:22 PM in response to mario49

I believe, the OP wants to achieve the following frame effect that is available with Pages '09 v4.3, but no Pages application since, including the 87 picture frames in Pages v11.2. Consequently, now one must use a suitable third-party tool (GIMP, Affinity Designer, Pixelmator, etc.) to achieve this effect, or grow gray hair attempting to do it in Core Image with Swift or Objective-C.

Oct 6, 2021 10:27 AM in response to AppleQuestions7852

Greetings, AppleQuestions7852.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re wondering how to blur photos added to Pages documents on your Mac. We can understand why you’d want more information. 

We think the following resource is the feature you’re looking for: Add a border to an object in Pages on Mac 

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

Soften picture edges on Pages for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.