Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot post to forums from iPad Pro 2021 11"

Hiyo. Not a big deal, but I find that if I try to post a reply from the iPad pro 11" 2021 version, I just get a silly error about the session having timed out (I've just logged in) and no luck. Twice in the last week. What it is? Part of a larger issue with signing in on Safari on this iPad? I dunno.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:56 AM

The stored session cookie on your iPad is interfering with your ability to post. This is not uncommon.

The easiest fix is to tap Cancel - then refresh the web-page, signing-in again if necessary. It may be necessary to repeat this more than once.

Alternatively, clearing your cache will remove all cookies. Ne aware that clearing your cache is a much bigger “hammer” than is necessary to “crack the nut” - and will have broader effect to your open browsing sessions:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 8:56 AM in response to AngelDelNorte

The stored session cookie on your iPad is interfering with your ability to post. This is not uncommon.

The easiest fix is to tap Cancel - then refresh the web-page, signing-in again if necessary. It may be necessary to repeat this more than once.

Alternatively, clearing your cache will remove all cookies. Ne aware that clearing your cache is a much bigger “hammer” than is necessary to “crack the nut” - and will have broader effect to your open browsing sessions:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

Cannot post to forums from iPad Pro 2021 11"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.