Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not log on to my banks website using safari. I called the bank technical support and they said that my safari security was missing some options. What should I do?

I can not log on to my banks website using safari. I called the bank technical support and they said that my safari security was missing some options. What should I do?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 3:16 PM

I think I can explain what is happening. If you are unable to access certain web sites and possibly getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site engineers write their software to work with various browsers based on standardized specifications if they are to be compliant. Some sites are not yet compliant. Also, some older browsers may not be fully compliant. You can hope that your web site's developers eventually update their site to work with Safari, you can upgrade Safari or you can use another browser that does work such as Firefox or Chrome. They can be individually updated as needed. It is important to know that Safari is installed as part of the operating system and it normally it cannot be individually updated. Safari is periodically updated when the computer's operating system (OS) is updated or upgraded. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. This is why many of us have more than one browser installed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 3:16 PM in response to NYfarmboy

I think I can explain what is happening. If you are unable to access certain web sites and possibly getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site engineers write their software to work with various browsers based on standardized specifications if they are to be compliant. Some sites are not yet compliant. Also, some older browsers may not be fully compliant. You can hope that your web site's developers eventually update their site to work with Safari, you can upgrade Safari or you can use another browser that does work such as Firefox or Chrome. They can be individually updated as needed. It is important to know that Safari is installed as part of the operating system and it normally it cannot be individually updated. Safari is periodically updated when the computer's operating system (OS) is updated or upgraded. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. This is why many of us have more than one browser installed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.