Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone else having problems with the latest Safari update

Is anyone else having problems with Safari after the latest update.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 12:26 PM

Hey there Gussack,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're experiencing some issues with Safari on your Mac. We'd like to see if we can help.

Which macOS version are you updated to now? What specifically is failing to work within Safari?

In the meantime, this Safari User Guide page is full of Safari troubleshooting articles that will get you started with steps to help out: Safari troubleshooting on Mac

Feel free to reply back to this post with any updates or more details on the issue, if you need more help from the Community.

Best regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 12:26 PM in response to Gussack

Hey there Gussack,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're experiencing some issues with Safari on your Mac. We'd like to see if we can help.

Which macOS version are you updated to now? What specifically is failing to work within Safari?

In the meantime, this Safari User Guide page is full of Safari troubleshooting articles that will get you started with steps to help out: Safari troubleshooting on Mac

Feel free to reply back to this post with any updates or more details on the issue, if you need more help from the Community.

Best regards.

Oct 7, 2021 8:16 AM in response to Sharon_419

Thanks for responding. I started having problems with Safari after the last OS update a couple weeks ago. I have version 10.15.7. The problem is when I go to a website (usually financial, like Fidelity.com, the webpage appears for a couple seconds and then I see this. See below. When I click on it I see it reload and come back with the same message. I have talked to Apple support on the phone and he said others were having the same problem and Apple is working on it. In the mean time he had me download Chrome and I have been using it. I would rather use Safari because I have all my bookmarks with it. Thanks.

Oct 7, 2021 9:29 AM in response to Gussack

There have recently been many reports of a broad range of new problems on this support site about the latest release of Safari v15. It is included in the downloads for Big Sur and Catalina. If you are experiencing these problems, you can use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they will work for you until a newer version of Safari is released.

I have read here that Apple's support people have a link to reinstall Safari and that doing so often fixes the problem. You might check with them.

Is anyone else having problems with the latest Safari update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.